Syro- Malabar Youth Movement-SMYM
Syro Malabar Youth Movement (SMYM) is the official youth movement of the Syro Malabar Church. SMC has more than 1.6 million catholic youth scattered all over the world. Although we have been working hand in hand with movements like ICYM in the past years, we had always longed for a youth movement for our Mother Church.
The SMYM is in its infancy, but is flourishing with a decisive presence in all the 29 dioceses and four major mission centers of the Syro Malabar Church in India and abroad. The SMYM champions and lives out its mission to follow the tradition and beliefs of the Syro Malabar Church for the Kingdom of God and Society, to strive for the integral development of the youth and to bind together the youth of the SMC.
What we like to do…
Our current activities include…
Worship – Every Holy Mass and special occasions involve in worship where we praise God, hear His message, respond to Him through prayer and songs. Members of our league participate as Altar boys, Scripture readers, Church choir and Guides for young children.
Outreach – reach out to others in the form of Bible seminars, games and skits under the thoughtful guidance of our Parish Priest and Youth Coordinators.
As our work has only just begun we will endeavour to grow further with an aim to:
- Facilitate youth to form an annexe of the STSMC community in Bristol, serving in many ways by utilising young talents, knowledge, experience, time and sheer will.
Prepare youth to participate in the mission of the church.
We bring youth and colour to this society and are proud to carry forward the legacy of our Keralite ancestors in UK.
Who is who?
- Co-ordinators: Dennie Sebastian & Berty Joseph
- Advisory Board: Jomon Sebastian & George Tharakan
- Executive Members: Alwin Thomas, Jansen Roy, Rosna Eswaraprasad, Anitta Bazil, Noel Roy, Dominic, Treesa & Ann-Maria
- Music Co-ordinator – Jake Roy
- Patrons – Dennis, Sumy, Harry, Jessica, Mebin & Jees