Women’s Forum …… is a group of lively, enthusiastic and conscientious women volunteers within the STSMCC.
We would like to enrich and develop one another and to embrace the wider world with compassionate hearts and charitable, altruistic actions. We hope to bring the magic of laughter and sunshine to tear stained faces and melancholic hearts. We have ears to listen, voices to join in, shoulders to lean on, arms to hug…but most importantly brains and hearts to share with others in our community who have left behind family and friends to make a living in Bristol.
With our simple and sincere efforts, we aim at contributing towards the greatest goal of humanity, for a world with no barriers of differences that cast us under a multitude of labels, for a world of just one class, the human class. We will be contented and delighted if our collective efforts render towards making our little worlds wider, brighter and beautiful, for others and ourselves.
We meet 1st Sunday of every month after mass socially for fellowship and friendship.
We pay a small one time subscription, towards covering the cost of sundries. You are very welcome to come and meet us and have a chat.
“Through this toilsome world, alas! Once and only once I pass: If a kindness I may show, if a good deed I may do to a suffering fellow man, let me do it while I can. No delay, for it’s plain I shall not pass this way again.”Ettiene De Grellet
- Meet for Rosary before every Qurbana
- Provide psychological support i.e- those with personal problem can call our members confidentially
- Address domestic issues. i.e.- help with problem solving & advise on civil matters
- Provide possible solutions for those facing challenging situations. i.e Parenting, childcare, teenage dilemmas
- Charity & fundraising to help individuals or organisations with a particular need back home – i.e contribute to a monthly kitty, organise meaningful & creative charity events quarterly.
- Social networking- i. e general chat, shopping companionship, meet out for coffee
- Utilitarian help & resource – All optional friendly service such as assistance with babysitting, share academic interests (essays, course materials), cooking/gardening tips, share items, plants, ideas, IT help, crafts, share talents & discover oneself
- Health Promotion- i.e port of call based on speciality, advise based on positive/ evidence based experiences
- Stimulate dialogue, discussion of issues & enrich our professional & personal lives
- Seek friends and make our bond stronger as a community
- Role model for our youth groups.
President – Ligi Thomas
Vice President – Betty Jose
Secretary – Beena Mejo
Joint Secretary – Jolly Nelson
Treasurer – Jain Stephen
Bristol & Cardiff region president – Mini Scaria
Filton/ Westbury-on-Trym/ Henbury/ Brentry – Shanty George
Southmead/Avonmoth/Shirehampton – Kavitha Joshy
St George/ Speedwell/ Whitehall/ Easton/ Eastville – Biji Babu
Fishponds – Ligi Thomas
Kingswood – Mary Jose
For further queries please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org